23things: (Default)
[personal profile] 23things
Specifically Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.

I have a presence on all three sites/applications.

I'm not a fan of Facebook.  I don't like the seemingly-constant changes (although, in social media, that is to be expected).... or, rather, I don't mind the changes as much as I mind the lack of communication from FB about the changes, and the difficulty of finding information about the changes.  Facebook is not the most intuitive social networking application.  I am wary of their seeming-nonchalance concerning privacy.  But it is essentially the only social networking that most of my friends and family use, so to stay connected, I stay on FB.

I do think FB can be very useful for a library or other organization, either as a bulletin board or as an interactive tool.


I'm also on Twitter.  I'm more of a lurker than a Tweeter, but I receive valuable information through Twitter, and I think it can be useful for libraries the way FB can be.


I'm on LinkedIn, but I must confess, I haven't taken full advantage of it.  I have some connections from library school, but I know more are out there.  It's a good professional tool, and I need to work more on my profile.

There are HUNDREDS of social media sites, and I think any number of them would benefit libraries and patrons.

Profile

23things: (Default)
23things

October 2011

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819 202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios