First, a YouTube video describing what mashups are. I'd rather embed it, but there's a technical difficulty on YouTube's end at the moment that won't let me do that.
Mashups are pretty cool. There's even an award site for them.
A mashup is a combination of applications, such as Flickr and Twitter.
For my mashup activity, I geotagged my photos on Flickr and created a photomap. It's pretty cool. The next thing I'm going to try is Animoto, where I can set my photos to music, and create a music video. It may take me some time, so I'll post an update on it.
In the meantime, I can see how mashups can be of great benefit and fun to libraries and their patrons.
ETA: my mashup video.... Enya and pictures from my trip to Florence, Italy....
Mashups are pretty cool. There's even an award site for them.
A mashup is a combination of applications, such as Flickr and Twitter.
For my mashup activity, I geotagged my photos on Flickr and created a photomap. It's pretty cool. The next thing I'm going to try is Animoto, where I can set my photos to music, and create a music video. It may take me some time, so I'll post an update on it.
In the meantime, I can see how mashups can be of great benefit and fun to libraries and their patrons.
ETA: my mashup video.... Enya and pictures from my trip to Florence, Italy....
Make your own slideshow with music at Animoto.